Pcgamer999

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chill

2 posters

Addiction to....?

rabidsqueeble
    rabidsqueeble

Addiction to....? Empty Addiction to....?

Post  rabidsqueeble Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Hey everyone, I'm gonna try to make this nice and short.

About a year ago, I became addicted to 2 things, video games, and alcohol.
    Now i'm sure alot of you will be like 'yeah so?', well the thing is, I let it control my life, I didn't do anything to try and stop it, it just took over my life.

After going to see a councilor, they recommended giving up 1 thing at a time, at this time I mainly played xbox...and I enjoyed playing games far to much, so what I did was simple, I told parents not to let me party, and not to drink in front of me. That got rid of the alcohol problem.

Gaming was harder...I guess I never really fot rid of the problem of being addicted to games, and my friends were the ones that got me out of it, they forced me to go out during the day with them, go see movies and stuff like that.

I suppose, my point is, don't let something take over your life completely. If you feel that your starting to loose grip with reality, put down the controller or turn off the computer, don't let it ruin your life, do it for fun... and nothing else.
    roboman345
    roboman345

Addiction to....? Empty Re: Addiction to....?

Post  roboman345 Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Your really brave to put that online if this was a difrent form then i bet people would have made fun of you. Razz tongue lol!
    rabidsqueeble
    rabidsqueeble

Post  rabidsqueeble Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:57 pm

roboman345 wrote:Your really brave to put that online if this was a difrent form then i bet people would have made fun of you. Razz tongue lol!

They probably would have, but the thing is, and people have to understand this, you can't let something completely rule your life, because all that happens then is people make fun of you, it's better just to go out and enjoy the world.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:34 am